Branson School News, Sports, Life and Opinion

The Blazer

Branson’s student-run newspaper

The Blazer

The Blazer

Study tips and tricks for surviving Branson

Ways to make high school learning easier
Kasra Panahi
Charlotte Ng ‘24 (left), Julia Haase ‘24 (middle), Wilson Wendt ‘24 (right) study together. The commons has been a hub for study groups.

Be Organized

One of the easiest ways to keep up in a class is organization. Binders, folders, separators, and individual notebooks for each class are your best friend. Another helpful tip is to sync up BlackBaud with your Google Calendar. This is the best way to keep track of your meetings and classes all in the same place. Staying on top of your emails is also very important. If you know you’re not going to make a deadline, make sure to let your teacher know. Branson teachers are often willing to give extensions but make sure to review the class syllabus to see what your teacher’s policy is. As long as you’re not asking the night before or the day of, extensions are liberally handed out. Building these good habits will make your academic life smoother and set you up perfectly for achieving success in your studies.

Study with friends

Studying in a group offers several benefits you might miss out on while studying alone. It promotes a collaborative environment where you can discuss and clarify the material. Group discussions can bring different perspectives and approaches, helping you grasp the material on another level. Additionally, explaining concepts to your friends reinforces your own understanding, as teaching others often requires a deeper grasp of the subject matter. Lastly, studying with friends can make the whole process more enjoyable and less isolating, reducing stress and reinforcing a positive attitude toward learning.

Pomodoro Technique

The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method that helps people enhance their productivity and focus by breaking study time into specific intervals.

Here’s a good template:

Set a timer for 20 minutes. During this time solely focus on your studying or work. Once the timer is up, take a five-minute break and repeat the process. 

This technique can be adjusted to suit individual preferences. Some may find that longer or shorter intervals work better for them. The key is finding a balance that maximizes productivity while allowing for rest.