Branson School News, Sports, Life and Opinion

The Blazer

Branson’s student-run newspaper

The Blazer

The Blazer

Fashion at Branson: a photo essay

Fashion has proven to be a way for students at Branson to express themselves and bring the community together. Events such as Spirit Week allow students to be in theme and have a shared sense of community and fashion. During any average week, students usually express their own sense of fashion through comfort. Spirit Week gives them a chance to show their colors.  

Carl Smith ‘26 poses for a picture wearing a Cal shirt and PJ pants displaying his fashion. The first day of spirit week for Branson occurred on Oct. 16, the theme being Pajama Day. Smith described his fit as being comfortable and basic. When asked about spirit week and PJ day Smith said, “School spirit is very important to me.”

Tom Lardner ‘25 poses in a white collared shirt and khaki shorts displaying his fashion. The fourth day of Spirit Week was Country Club vs Country theme, Lardner chose Team Country Club because he doesn’t have any jeans or denim. He said, “I think we should continue to do more spirit weeks [because] Fashion can really bring communities together.”

Whitney Collet ‘25 and Ali Evans ‘25, pose in all-pink attire. The third day of Spirit Week was Pink-Out theme, Evans even went a step further by wearing pink face paint. After being asked what inspired them to go all out, Evans said, “I feel like Branson has lost some of its spirit so I wanted to show out with this theme and show off my spirited fashion.” Similarly, Collet said, “As upperclassmen, we are determined to make Branson more spirited and create a special environment where freshmen feel comfortable and encouraged to participate.”

Charlotte Johnson ‘24, poses for a picture wearing an oversized shirt, shorts, glasses, and a backward hat. The second day of Spirit Week was Adam Sandler Day. Typically students dress up in outfits resembling the renowned actor. Johnson described her fit in three words as being, “Hey Mamas and Baggy.”

Wade Crabill ‘27, poses for a picture wearing a Branson hoodie and Branson pajama pants for Pajama Day and Crabill showed off his Branson fashion. Crabill said he wanted to be “comfortable and spirited” so he sported his Branson gear to start the first day of Spirit Week.

Edgar Ruiz ‘26 poses wearing a dark blue hoodie, jeans, and Air Force 1s. Ruiz was interviewed on a non-Spirit Week day, reflecting the common fashion at Branson. The inspiration for the outfit stemmed from the fact that he “was running late to school and just decided to throw on something comfortable.”

Chase Hoeveler ‘25, poses for a photo wearing a Vanderbilt hoodie, athletic shorts and Nike shoes. Hoeveler was interviewed on Friday, October 13th after coming back from visiting colleges. Chase paid tribute to Will Schuler, a Branson alum who now attends Vanderbilt. Schuler said, “I saw Will at Vanderbilt and it was fun to be with a Branson alum. It inspired me to get this hoodie and wear it.”